The sunshine has been putting a smile on your face and a spring in your step… Don’t we all love the liberating feeling of flip flop wearing and al fresco dining?
What I like about holidays is the freedom to be more myself. I reconnect with the real me, which leads me to thinking: how can I be the real me all year round?
It takes hard work and a touch of bravery to reconnect with our true selves. We spend a great deal of time wearing different hats, trying to fit into the roles we’ve been given or the roles we have chosen. How does it feel when we remove these hats and reveal our true selves? It can be a liberating and enlightening process.
Access the calm, happy you
The hard part is allocating time for precious headspace, aka “me time”. Summer holidays are an ideal time to make this extra effort as we’ve already physically stepped away from our normal routine.
For some, it might mean taking a long walk on the beach or in the woods to access your unfiltered desires and needs. For me, listening to Bossa Nova Brazilian sambas gets me to a calm, happy mood and slowly shifts my energy towards the more authentic me. What would it take for you to access the real you?
Find your secret powers and your path to exceptional growth
By being more you, you can tap into your secret powers that will allow your strengths to rise to the fore and put you on the path for exceptional growth.
Secret powers are not exclusive to superheroes, they are simply the things we are good at. We all have them – we just need to access our true selves to find them.
How can you find your super powers?
Think of your biggest achievements, or moments in your life that made you smile or feel proud – what triggers those moments? These feelings of achievement and pride show up when we know that our unique mix of skills, viewpoints and methodologies have got the results we desired.
Think of the things that excite you, whether that’s ideas, people, movies or music, and make a note of these. Can you see a common thread within what you are most attracted to?
Are you attracted to honest, genuine, down-to-earth people who have worked hard? If so, this will reveal that you value hard work, honesty and integrity. This way, you start to pay attention to your own value system, to guide you forward to a destination that feels right.
This process is an intensely personal one, and there are no quick fix solutions for personal growth, but here are a few guiding exercises you can try this summer.
- Pay attention to what gets you excited and energised. Listen out for physical sensations in your body that you get when you are motivated.
- Once you know what excites you, this will help drive you forward. Recognising your key drivers is a powerful experience. Rest with these for a while – this is also a good one to try while snoozing in your hammock.
- Consider simple ways to inject elements of what excites you into your daily work-life. Talk about these or think about them while taking a morning walk.
- Once you’ve identified these small steps, test them out slowly until you notice a mindset shift or behavioural change.
- When you start seeing the positive impact from these small changes, step them up and strive higher.
- Set timelines and identify the critical milestones on your roadmap.
If you take the extra time to reconnect with your super powerful self, you will put yourself on the path to experience personal growth like never before. You’ll be braver and more bold and set your goals higher, with the knowledge that you can do it.
Do you need to step back from the daily grind ensure you are on track with your personal goals?
Do you want to excel and operate at your highest level all year round?
I am offering a one-off opportunity to a small group of driven and entrepreneurial leaders to join my new Resilience coaching programme starting this autumn.
Spaces are limited so schedule an initial discovery call to get more details and to find out how we could move forward together.